Monday, March 17, 2008

Some Fun, Some Storms, and Some More Fun.....

What a crazy weekend we just had! I told ya'll that we were being honored by our SS class with a "prayer party". Well, we were ssssooooo blessed by all of the people that came and prayed over us. Many people said some really awesome things about us and our journey to where we are today. Many thanked us for being so transparent and sharing our testimony and lives with them. As we get ready to move over 700 miles away from our family and friends, we are very sad....but we also know that they send us with all of the love and support we will need!



While we were finishing up at the party, my mom called to tell me that there were tornadoes all over Atlanta and one even hit downtown Atl. where they were hosting the SEC basketball tournaments. Mom also wanted me to know that she had the kids safely down in the basement because the tornado was heading towards their house. Thank Goodness everything was ok here, but it was mighty scary for a while. We also had more storms and tornadoes Saturday afternoon...and we were all back in the basement for a second time. Of course, the kids loved it and thought it was so exciting. For me, I think it was just a reminder that we serve the God of the Universe and a tornado that does incredible amounts of damage to huge buildings in a major city is really a simple task for our God.



So...on to more fun....We spent last night with our very dear friends worshipping the Lord with Steven Curtis Chapman! Yes!! One of my favorites! We just love the Chapman family and are so grateful for their passion and love for orphan children all over the world. They have three adopted girls from China and he (Steven) cannot stop talking about how these girls have changed their lives. It is so true and we completely understand. Now I could go on and on about adoption, but I just want you to know that I am extremely grateful for the child God handed to us in China. I really cannot imagine our lives without her smile and cuteness and love and generosity and gratitude. She is amazing!! And for all of the families out there that God has placed a desire on your hearts for adoption.....please know that I am praying for you....and yes, especially my dear friend, R. I love you and I know God is taking care of your baby until you get to wrap your arms around her. I just can't wait to see it all unfold in His timing!!

No comments: