Monday, December 8, 2008

Two Years Ago Today....





We were in Hong Kong trying to adjust our bodies to the time difference and get acclimated with the Chinese environment. We were extremely nervous/anxious about the next few days as we prepared to get Sarah Joy. Would she be ok? Would she cry? Would we be able to comfort her? Would she be well? and even...were we doing the right thing for our family?
I miss China so much!!!! I sure do wish I was on a plane going there today....and even better...with my friend, Robyn, going to get her baby!
Hope you don't mind my little walk down memory lane this week...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Sarah Joy! We are so blessed to have you in our lives and we are so grateful to have had to opportunity to love you, pray for you and watch you grow up. We've loved you and prayed for you even before we knew you! And now you are almost three and turning into such a beautiful girl! Praying God's Blessings for you!

Robyn said...

So I realized when I woke up this morning that yesterday was not Sarah Joy's gotcha day. What am I doing to myself, making time go by faster? I'm telling you I have been so confused what day it is this week - it has been a crazy one. So when I looked at the calendar and saw that today is actually Dec. 10 and not yesterday, well I felt a little foolish. Maybe I was too excited and wanted to get a jump on celebrating gotcha day! Anyways, Happy official Gotcha Day Sarah Joy. Whether it is apparent or not, this day sticks in my memory just like a few of my other special memories. I wasn't there in person, but definitely in prayer, especially when we hadn't heard from mommy or daddy since they left Hong Kong and it frightened me, just a little. You will never fully realize the impact your life has had on others and I pray that Jesus will use you in a mighty way to reach out to others in his name!
We love you!