Monday, August 17, 2009

I Could Eat Them Up!



My parents recently went on a mission trip to work in an orphanage in Guatemala. It sure didn't take them long to fall head over heels in love with a few of the kids there.....and I guess you can see why. They seemed to really bond, though, with one sibling group....an older sister who is nine and twin girls who are five. It just breaks my heart that these kids (and many, many more) just need a mommy and a daddy....and yet the government won't allow any adoptions from Guatemala right now. I am convinced that if it had been at all possible...my mom would have done everything she could to bring them back with her. For now, I think the only thing we can do is pray for these children and pray for the government to change their minds about the adoption process and allow these children to be placed in homes where they can experience what it is like to have a family!

No comments: