Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Downpour!


Hey Ya'll...
I just wanted to share with you a book that I have just started reading. The title is "Downpour" by James MacDonald. This book is really stirring my heart and helping me experience a deeper relationship-and ultimately-a personal revival! I am so guilty of going through the day-to-day things and not even realizing that I am spiritually dry....but I must admit....I am.

Here is a paragraph from the book....

"Don't just try harder; return to the Lord. Not because He has left you (He hasn't!) but because, like Jonah, in some way, at some level, you have left Him. As you received Him (a moment of turning) so walk in Him (a moment of returning). Every so often as we follow Christ through the months and years, we need to say, "I have slipped. How did I get over here? I must return to the Lord."

And a few pages later....

"Maybe like me you wonder, How many more days am I going to get in this world? Really, how much time do I have? I am not ready to meet the Lord yet. Spiritually, in Jesus, I believe that I am prepared by God's grace to meet Him, but I'm not satisfied by what has been accomplished yet. I'm not satisfied with the heights and depths and the places that I've been to in my own relationship with the Lord. I want more time to go further, to go higher, to go deeper. I want to make good use of the time that remains for me and to respond to this amazing invitation.
The invitation is to personal revival. Let's turn to the Lord. Let's RETURN to the Lord."

And I just loved this.....

"What God gives, He gives in abundance. He would never respond to your parched heart with, "Oh, here's a tiny bit. See if that will satisfy you. This is all I can give right now, but come back later if you want a wee bit more." Does God give like that? NO, God gives like this: Pressed down, shaken together, running over (Luke 6:38), exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think (Ephesians 3:20 NKJV).
To make that abundance abundantly clear, Hosea uses the analogy of rain in the nation of Israel: He will come to us as the showers. When revival comes to the human heart, it's not some gentle, summer sunshine rain. It's not a sprinkle here and there or a scattered shower. When revival comes to the human heart, it's a torrent, it's a cascade, it's a deluge. It's a downpour!"

Oh Lord! Please send a downpour in my heart!!

No comments: